Homosexuality, Life and Mysticism

Monday, January 1, 2007

Who is the Page of Cups?


For those of you who don't know, the Page of Cups is a Tarot card.

This beautiful card shows a young man, by the seachore, holding a cup or a goblet in his hand.

To me, the Page of Cups symbolises a young, emotional, intutive and playful person. His realm is the worlds of imagination and dreams. His element is Water.

It represents a gentle, quite emotional, and a dreamy but playful nature. A Page rather than the Knight, I feel a sense of innocence and naiveness in it.

I feel so much of my own personality reflected in this card. This card is, after all, usually associated with gay boys. While I do not agree with stereotyping gays, as a young gay man, I feel this card is also linked to my homosexuality, and I believe sexuality itself is something so closely intwined to the core of one's being.

I am the Page of Cups.

No comments: